Welcome Back, #BVSD!
Welcome back! The BVSD Ed Tech Team is preparing for another awesome year full of new professional development opportunities, expanded programs, and more! For a taste of what’s to come and how to stay in touch, please keep reading. For easy access to all of Ed Tech’s resources, visit our homepage at it.bvsd.org/edtech.
Ed Tech Professional Pathways
This year’s district professional development has changed to personalized learning. Ed Tech will offer three different courses for BVSD educators as part of the Professional Pathways program.
- Digital Storytelling (MyPassport #16773) course participants will learn how to use different digital tools to increase student voice and students publishing for audiences outside their classroom.
- Online Collaboration and Connected Learning (OCCL) (MyPassport #16774) course will open up connections and the four walls of your classroom. Learn how to use digital tools to connect students, experts and teachers in collaborative work.
- Teacher Librarianship in the Future Ready Library (MyPassport #16775) highlighting connections & collaborations for being #FutureReady librarianship.
For information more Ed Tech Professional Development opportunities, visit our PD home page.
PD Special Events
The 2017-18 school year will offer some large scale special events for those looking to broaden their Ed Tech horizons. Look for our poster throughout the district, and be sure to visit the BVSD Ed Tech home page for further details.
Google Apps for Education Colorado Summit featuring Ed Tech Team
Save the date for November 4-5 at Monarch High School for two jam-packed days designed to help you collaborate, connect, create using digital tools. Outstanding keynote speakers, peer created sessions, hands on workshops, and more await! BVSD employees: contact Elene Medicraft for a discount code! Click here for more details.
1:Web is expanding to seven new schools! After a successful pilot program at Centaurus and Broomfield High Schools we will roll out the program to Angevine Middle, Arapahoe Ridge High, Aspen Creek K-8, Boulder Universal, Broomfield Heights Middle, Nederland Middle and High, and New Vista High. 1:Web schools will distribute chromebooks to students and teachers to have ubiquitous access to resources. Ed Tech, in collaboration with ISE (Instructional Services and Equity) and school 1:Web teams, will engage in PD throughout the year to support schools in this significant and exciting instructional shift. For more details, visit our 1:Web homepage.
The Ed Tech Team wants to make it easy for you to stay in touch! We consistently update the following resources with important information and useful tips.
- Join us on Twitter! Follow @BVSDEdTech for updates and interesting articles, people, and resources.
- Follow BVSD Ed Tech on our Pinterest page for curated content related to makerspaces, libraries, literacy, leadership etc.
- Engage in a discussion via our blog http://bvsdedtech.blogspot.com.
- Contact us directly through information on our Ed Tech Team Bios page.
What are you looking forward to this year?
Are you planning on implementing new ed tech tools this year? Is your school participating in 1:Web? Share your big ed tech plans for the 2017-18 school year in the comments below!